• March, 2008-April, 2009: Institute of Transportation Studies, California, Berkeley, US. Adviser: Prof. Cassidy, M. Dr 2009
• 2005-2008: Urban and Regional Planning, Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, Israel. Ph.D. 2008
• 2002-2004: Transportation Engineering. The Technion, Israel Institute of Technology, Israel. M.Sc. 2004
• 1998-2000: Urban and Regional Planning. The Technion, Israel Institute of Technology, Israel. M. URP 2000
• 1983-1987: Civil Engineering (Mapping and Geo-Information), Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, Israel.
• Since 2013: Head of department Civil Engineering Department, SCE
• Since 2013: Director of the multi-year program by the Council of Higher Education of Israel for increasing the accessibility of higher education to the Arab society, Sami Shamoon College Civil Engineering Department, SCE
• Since 2013: Head of the Department Acceptance Committee Civil Engineering Department, SCE
• Since 2013: Member in the Department Pedagogic Committee Civil Engineering Department, SCE
• Since 2013: Member in the Department Committees (Teaching Committee and Academic Contents Committee) Civil Engineering Department, SCE
• Travel behavior and drivers’ behavior.
• Road safety, especially road safety among minorities
• Sustainability and Security in Transport
• Since 2012: Member International Association of Travel Behavior Research (IATBR)
• Since 2012: Member the International Co-operation on Theories and Concepts in Traffic Safety (ICTCT)
• Since 2009: Member etwork on European Communications and Transport Activities Research (NECTAR)
• Since 2006: Member World Conference on Transport Research Society
Elias, W., Shiftan, Y. (2017). Ethnic groups differences in regard to social networks, daily activity patterns, and driving behavior, Transportation Research part F: Traffic Psychology and Behaviour.
Elias, W., Baron-Epel,O., Bord, S.H., Gesser- Edelsburg, A., Shiftan, Y, 2017, Factors influencing the decision to engage in alcohol-impaired driving among Arab-Israeli youths, Transport Research Part F: Traffic Psychology and Behaviour. 44, 180-191.
Sznitman, S.H., Bord, S. H., Elias, W., Gesser-Edelsburg, A., Shiftan, Y., Baron-Epel, O, 2017, Examining the Sociocultural Sensitivity of Subjective Drunkenness: Comparing Arab and Jewish Israeli Pub Patrons, Drug and Alcohol Review.
Elias, W., Blank-Gomel, A. Habib-Matar, C., Shiftan, Y. (2016). Who are the traffic offenders among ethnic groups and why, Accident Analysis and Prevention, 91, pp. 64–71.
Elias, W., Benjamin, J., Shiftan, Y. (2015). Gender Differences in Activity and Travel Behavior in the Arab World, Transport Policy 44, pp. 19–27.
Office Tel: +972-8-8519342, +972-8-8519340.