Born in Gothenburg, Sweden 1948
• Research scientist at VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland (since 1983)
• Adjunct Professor at Luleå University of Technology (LTU), Sweden (since 1997).
• 2009-2011 Partner in EU project 2beSAFE “2-wheeler behaviour and safety” /www.2besafe.eu/
• 2006-2008 Post-doc student within the European Network of Excellence HUMANIST
• Safety of vulnerable road users
• Cities for children
• Safe non-restrictive cycling
• ITS and vulnerable road users
• Expert judgment models
• International Co-operation on Theories and Concepts in Traffic Safety, ICTCT www.ictct.net
• Pedestrian Quality Needs (COST 358 www.walkeurope.org).
• Trafiktekniska föreningen (The Swedish Association for Traffic Engineers)
• SVR Swedish Society of Civil and Structural Engineering
• Johansson, C., Rosander, P., Leden, L., 2011. Distance between Speed Humps and Pedestrian Crossings: Does it Matter?. Accident Analysis and Prevention 43 (2011) 1846-1851.
• Leden, L., Gårder, G. & Johansson, C., 2006. Safe pedestrian crossings for children and elderly. Accident Analysis and Prevention 38. 289-294.
• Leden, L., Wikström, P.-E., Gårder, P., Rosander, P., 2006 Safety and Acccessibility Effects of Code Modifications of an Arterial. Accident Analysis and Prevention 38 (2006) 455-461
• Leden, L., 2002. Pedestrian risk decrease with pedestrian flow . A case study based on data from signalized intersections in Hamilton, Ontario. Accident Analysis and Prevention 34 (2002) 457-464.
• Leden. L., Gårder, P. & Pulkkinnen, U., 2000, An Expert Judgment Model Applied to Estimating the Safety Effect of a Bicycle Facility. Accident Analysis and prevention, Volume 32 issue 4, pages 589-599.
|October 2005. Helsinki|
|Traffic environment for children and elderly as pedestrians and cyclists|| ABSTR
|GÅRDER, Per; JOHANSSON, Charlotta; LEDEN, Lars Gunnar|
|Towards a method to study child pedestrian safety and mobility – short term effects from a case study in borås, sweden||JOHANSSON, Charlotta; LEDEN, Lars Gunnar|
|Towards a safe environment for children – a starting point||GÅRDER, Per; JOHANSSON, Charlotta; LEDEN, Lars Gunnar; NILSSON, Kristin; WILHELMSON, Ola|
|Pedestrian risk decrease with pedestrian flow and increase with vehicle flow – A case study.||LEDEN, Lars Gunnar|
|Quatitative expert judgement models – A new tool to estimate the effect of countermeasures.||GÅRDER, Per; LEDEN, Lars Gunnar; PULKKINEN, Urho|
|Application of a quantitative expert judgement model in traffic safety analysis – a methodological experiment||LEDEN, Lars Gunnar; PULKKINEN, Urho|
|Application of a quantitative expert judgement model in traffic safety analysis – two examples showing the advantages and possibilities with the technique||LEDEN, Lars Gunnar; PULKKINEN, Urho|
|October 25 – 26. 2007. Valencia|
|Design of bus humps|| ABSTR
|LEDEN, Lars Gunnar|
|November 8 – 9. 2012. Hasselt|
|Improving child safety on the road network A challenge based on ITS?||
|LEDEN, Lars Gunnar|