The General Assembly, including the Steering Committee elections, will be held on-line on Friday, 23rd October 2020, from 14:00 to 17:00.
The Agenda of the meeting can be found here.
We will use Microsoft Teams platform, to join the meeting, please follow the link below.
You have the opportunity and are kindly asked to vote for all positions of the Steering Committee—and also to be a candidate.
The open positions are:
- Deputy president
- 3 members of the Steering Committee
Voting procedure during the General Assembly:
- The president will ask for an identification of each person connected (an ID-check might be necessary in case you are not already known to the other members).
- The Election Committee presents the available candidates. Members present will be asked whether they have additional candidates to sugest (a candidate must be an ICTCT member).
- The Election Committee sends an e-mail with a voting template that includes the candidate names for each position. You also will get the deadline to complete your voting (presumably within 15 min).
- If there are two or more candidates for one position, you tick the one you like to be elected.
- Each question (one for each position on election) will have to be answered, even if there is only one candidate, so that it allows to distinguish nominal votes from abstentions.
- In case of an institutional member, it will be mandatory to answer the question: “If you vote on behalf of an institution, please write the name of it: ………………………..”.
- The voting template (when filled in) will have to be send back before the deadline for voting, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When the voting process is finished, the Election Committee will check the validity of the votes (whether the voter is currently a member and whether the maximum number of votes per institution is not surpassed) and start counting.
- The results are announced by an Election Committee representative to the President still in position.
As we do not know how many members will be online, the whole procedure could last longer than expected. Therefore, it could be that the proclamation of the elected candidates will be later than 17.00. We kindly ask you to take this into consideration in advance!